2012 HFNY Annual Charity Bike Ride
Join Team HFNY to raise awareness and funds to support the poor and marginalized of our city!
Team HFNY will be riding in the Escape New York Bike Ride, a scenic route that starts and ends in Manhattan and goes through Bergen and Rockland Counties.
When: Saturday, September 22, 2012
Start: 122nd Street & Riverside Dr.
Duration: Choose one of four routes - 25, 50, 65, or 100 miles
Riders of all levels are welcome to join, from experts to beginners! All riders are invited to a series of training rides in August and September to prepare for the event.
The Team HFNY fundraising goal is $50,000, and the suggested minimum donation is $100 per rider. This year, all gifts up to $35,000 will be matched 1:1 by an anonymous donor!
- Riders raising $500+ will receive an official HFNY bike jersey
- Riders raising $100+ will receive an HFNY water bottle
- All fundraising riders are invited to our team Pasta Dinner on Friday, September 21
- Register for the Escape New York Ride ($40 before August 26)
- Create your fundraising page through FirstGiving
- Look for a welcome e-mail and start fundraising!
Sunday, August 12: Information Sessions
- 11:00AM at Redeemer W83 Ministry Center, Room 405 (150 W. 83rd St.)
- 12:00PM at Hunter College, Room 508W (68th St. and Lexington Ave)
Friday, September 21: Pre-race Pasta Dinner
Saturday, September 22: Escape New York Bike Race Day
Q: I want to ride, but I don't have a bike! What do I do?
A: You can rent one through your local bike shops.
Q: My donors are interested getting a matching gift from their company. Can a corporate matching gift count toward my fundraising goal?
A: Yes. Once we receive a matching gift notification from your donor, we will notify you of the amount so you can input that as your offline donation. Please encourage any donor to report his/her donations through their company's matching gift program.
Q: How do I display offline donation on my fundraising page?
A: Follow the step-by-step instruction here.
Q: How should checks be handled?
A: Your donors can make the checks payable to Hope For New York (with rider's name in the memo section), and mail to: Attn: HFNY Charity Bike Ride, 1359 Broadway, Suite 410, New York, New York, 10018. You can add the amount as offline donation on your fundraising page.