Hurricane Sandy - Help Clean up in Staten Island 11/10
Saturday, November 10, 2012, 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Group: Hurricane Sandy Relief
Attendance Limit: 60
Staten Island was devastated by Hurricane Sandy and needs volunteers to help with clean-up. This volunteer event is doing manual labor including gutting basements and 1st floors, clearing debris and clean up. It will be physical work.
Volunteers must RSVP individually using the link below.
Location of Work Site: 963 Patterson Avenue (gathering spot)
- Meet at Grant City station on the Staten Island Rail Road (“SIRR”; it is an MTA “subway” line going down the middle of Staten Island) at ~7.50 am; Work is supposed to start at 8am on Saturday.
- From Manhattan you need the 7AM Ferry, then take the SIRR from ferry station to Grant City station. Stay in the back train cars and take closest exit. Meet Mark Lim at the 7 Eleven parking lot diagonally across the street (it is on Lincoln Ave).
- Ferry/trains run every half hour
- Rides will be provided to the worksite and go back and forth between the worksite and the 7 Eleven at 8AM
What to bring:
- Please come in warm clothing suitable for manual labor/dirt
- Bring work gloves and any tools, bring maks (think fridges with week old food)
- Please bring a water, a bag lunch and snacks for yourself
- Be prepared for disorganization. 1,000 volunteers expected.
- Eat breakfast beforehand
- Be wise and safe. For example, do NOT go into RED TAGGED buildings. You are responsible for your own safety
- Contact Mark if you have any questions
Questions? Please email Mark at or call him 646-242-6808.